Friday, January 28, 2011

Palo Duro Canyon by Sheri Jones


Palo Duro Canyon by Sheri Jones
20 x 24 oil on wood panel
I created this from a study I painted at Palo Duro Canyon. This is in the panhandle of Texas outside of Amarillo. Palo Duro Canyon is 120 miles long, up to 20 miles wide, and up to 820 feet deep, making it the United States' second largest canyon.
I had a request from a niece to create a painting for her dorm room. She is from Amarillo and wanted one of the canyon. So Happy Birthday Callie! This one's for you. Love you.
sheriart.net
sheriart.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Douglas Clark said...

Lucky you, having had the chance to paint in Palo Duro Canyon. I've camped there several times but never painted there. I think you did a superb job capturing the colors of the canyon.

Sheriart said...

Yes, I was lucky to paint there three days. We had a rustic room on the rim of the canyon. Thanks Doug!